Saturday, January 07, 2017

Swimsuit thong cult siren Linda Kozlowski

Today I just want to give a quick shout out ( yeah, like that has ever worked before ) to Linda Kozlowski, who celebrates her 59th birthday.


She has left the movie business because of the roles she was offered but back when she was still looking hot she starred in the ever so popular movie series of CROCODILE DUNDEE opposite ex - husband Paul Hogan.


Yeah, leave it to the germans to come up with a subtitle that makes no sense whatsoever. First of all they always have to attach some stupid subtitle to any movie and then it must make absolutely no sense. WTF is " Crocodile Dundee - a kissable crocodile " supposed to mean ? The main character is not a crocodile, that´s just his nickname in the movie, duh.

But let´s get back to celebrity birthday babe Linda Kozlowski. Rather than for her acting abilities she´s most famous for sporting a very revealing swimsuit in the first CROCODILE DUNDEE movie which is still the best.


And I´m not only saying that because of the famous scene in which Linda revealed which incredible ass - ets she had " down under ", so to speak.


Daimn, baby got some serious back ! Man, can you imagine how hot it would have been if she would have starred in one of those rap videos ?


And I´m not talking about some of the lame rap videos that we have Today. Something went terribly wrong with rap videos along the way.


When I saw my first rap videos - and this was way back when Mtv was still playing music videos 24 hours a day - there´d be a song about crossing the street to buy some ice cream and there would be at least a dozen scantily clad, super hot girls in it shaking their behinds, dancing very suggestive.



Then there was that time when the guys in rap videos would talk about having intercourse and with how many women and the video would be about flowers, ponies and rainbows. Something suggestive like a train going through a tunnel would be the absolute limit. Thankfully this was just a passing trend and we are back to rap videos with plenty of hot babes in it. And just in time to benefit from the whole twerking craze.



But like I said, as wonderful as Miss Kozlowski´s exposed derriere is, the first CROCODILE DUNDEE is a great movie in itself that was nominated for 3 Oscars and 3 Golden Globes of which Paul Hogan won the Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy / Musical. It also was nominated by the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, the BAFTA Awards and won a BMI Film & TV Award and the Goldene Leinwand ( Golden Screen Award ) in 1987.

The sequel wasn´t as good but I want to mention it because the poster that was selected for display in movie theaters was not the first version.


This was the first draft : as you can see the color of Linda´s clothes were changed as to better display her figure and instead of being in the middle of the city Paul Hogan is now towering majestically above the skyline.


All the posters were done by movie poster veteran Dan Gouzee who did hundreds of classic movie posters like the original CLASH OF THE TITANS or the James Bond flicks MOONRAKER  and A VIEW TO A KILL. Especially that last one was very popular in its time ( in great part due to featured model / singer / performance artist Grace Jones ) and I remember that I was just one of the many teenagers who had it mounted on his wall.


He also did the posters for SUPERMAN II and SUPERMAN IV. The first is not so well known because usually they go with the photo movie poster.


For me the new Superman movies were always a big deal and you could read all the latest news in the SUPERMAN BATMAN comics from Ehapa.


There were always some extra stuff in the comics like articles, posters, games or prize competitions, sometimes even cash prizes or tv sets.


Back then I was a semi regular reader which means that I always bought an issue when George Perez or Jose Luis Garcia Lopez did the interior art.
 

Which doesn´t mean that I didn´t buy other issues now and then because sometimes I did buy it just because of some crazy story but every time George or Jose Luis did an issue I was all over it. The names of artists were not always given but I think I started noticing that the same names came up in all the stories I especially liked. And I began looking for that around the time when they had started doing that on a regular basis.


Since the name of the title was SUPERMAN BATMAN there was also a lot of Jim Aparo stuff in the books from issues of THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD,


BATMAN or DETECTIVE COMICS and everything in between. Although sometimes it´s hard to find out from which series the covers where and I suspect there are some that were exclusively done for the german issues.


Looking at the SUPERMAN II poster I realize that I forgot that Valerie Perrine was in it. That´s one thing they botched in SUPERMAN RETURNS.


Here´s a deleted scene from SUPERMAN with Valerie Perrine :



Many people don´t know it but centerfold Valerie Perrine was also in one of the best known scenes from the first CANNONBALL RUN movie ( I´m not sure who did the movie poster for that one but Dan Gouzee did the poster for the sequel ) and the reason for that is that she´s uncredited.

The most remembered scenes from that movie involve the Lamborghini Babes played by Tara Buckman and cult siren Adrienne Barbeau. I have written about Adrienne before who was in such cult classics like THE FOG, SWAMP THING, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK and - arguably - CREEPSHOW.

Now I don´t think I have to explain the Lamborghini Babes whose main trick to avoid getting hassled by the cops is flashing some cleavage.


Which doesn´t work on this cop played by Valerie Perrine.


Here´s a video that includes both Lamborghini Babes scenes :



Speaking about Cannonball Run, one of my pet pevees on this blog is celebrating all the brave actresses who turn unsufferable dreck into bearable entertainment by taking their clothes off or at least show what their Mama gave them and who don´t get enough recognition for that.


Now if you have seen Cannonball Run you will remember the hot waitress with the extra - large double whoppers in the opening scene whose name is not in the opening credits, in the end credits or on any internet page ( and believe me fella, I´ve looked ). Well, just recently I found a clip with some scenes of Farrah Fawcett from the movie and her scene is also in there. So far I just called her The Busenwunder Waitress but now I can tell you that her real name is Vickie Reigle. Now in Germany Vickie is not really a good name for a woman - just ask german singer Nikki who had to suffer a lot of dirty jokes because of her name ( what rhymes with " Nikki ? " ). So to be actually called Vickie - not a good thing in Germany.


There are quite a lot of tangents in this post but before closing the subject of birthday babe Linda Kozlowski for Today I want to include a video with her famous thong swimsuit scene from CROCODILE DUNDEE.



And since you never know when it will be deleted here´s an animated GIF.


I always wanted to do a post on HONEY WEST but since I never was sure if it was a comic series based on a tv show or a tv show based on a pulp novel series or a pulp novel series based on a comic I never did a post.


To tell the truth, I´m still not sure but at least I know for sure that there was a tv show with actress Anne Francis. Last year I posted episode 3 titled The Abominable Snowman - which is also the name of a Doctor Who serial and a film from Britain´s Hammer Studios starring Peter Cushing to which we may or may not come in upcoming Hammer movie discussions. Anyway, since I skipped over it here is episode 2 The Owl And The Eye.



It´s been a while since I posted a cosplay video but I just had to post this one with Ardella´s Power Girl cosplay . Okay, one reason for that is that she really puts a lot of effort into filling out the costume ( I won´t even pretend that I´m not meaning this literal here, who am I kidding ? ).


The other one is that the optimist in me had hoped the whole cosplay bashing was a thing of the past but it seems it still continues . Even as someone who has been a comic fan for decades I still have problems with these kind of trench warfare but before I get all exited and launch a long rant I´m posting this link to a video where Ardella explains the real problems with sexy cosplay instead ( which sadly is how other people respond to it ). Be that as it may that should never prevent people from having fun - which is what cosplaying is all about - so here´s the video.



And I couldn´t possibly talk about the problems in the cosplay community without mentioning hasian cosplay ambassador extraordinaire Yaya Han.


I still haven´t given up on doing a post about my favorite costumes by Yaya Han ( like Chun Li ) even if I have problems keeping it professional and not let myself get distracted by her stunning physical attributes.


Nevertheless I have just found too many videos with her I want to post that it´s impossible to cram it all into one post even if I do someday miraculously get around to do it. So here´s a new one with Yaya as Aion .



And speaking about favorite costumes, if Yaya needs any ideas as who to cosplay next how about this one ? Surely she has the skills to pull it off !



Since I don´t have any videos for Today´s other celebrity birthdays and I´m not sure if I can safely put a video from The Voice Kids in this post here is another one with the sexy Hyuna. I know she has her fans among the readers and I like to include her in the posts when I mention Yaya.



New to the blog ? Everything you need to know about TALES FROM THE KRYPTONIAN : top ten posts / more posts of interest / best of the best


Keep an eye peeled for Wyatt Earp.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first picture is of the Swedish singer Veronica Maggio... How come ?

/Christer S.

SUBZERO said...

Oh, bummer. I never realized but you´re right. I just checked. So much for trusting google when you are looking for pictures. And you might think that in all the years I have reposted this somebody would notice it. Thanks. Although now I don´t know if I should go back and change all the posts. Well, I will have to wait until I have found an appropriate picture to replace it - one that´s actually a picture of Linda I would hope.

Just when you think you have all your bases covered. Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

Anonymous said...

question: how can Linda use the toilet with that swimsuit?

BroderEmil said...

Why is Veronica Maggio in the first picture? Swedish pop singer... ?

Unknown said...

Exactly what I thought - that’s Veronica ��

Docsy63 said...

That thong body suit fastens at the crotch with snap buttons. It's actually quite convenient.