Sunday, June 13, 2010

Catching up

No Erlangen post today as I´m catching up a bit on comic news and other stuff like material for the blog. I´m probably six months behind on previews so that I have to get the ones for the comics I´m reading right now.

Since I´m going through the news sites anyway, I thought I could put some interesting links up....using the opportunity you know. So here are the ever popular links :

I AM AN AVENGER


Yes, now that SIEGE has ended everything Avengers starts new with AVENGERS, NEW ( NEW ) AVENGERS, SECRET AVENGERS, AVENGERS ACADEMY, AVENGERS PRIME, AVENGERS : CHILDREN´S CRUSADE and the new flavored AVENGERS CHERRY.

While many readers are sad to see such surprise hits like AVENGERS INITIATIVE and DARK AVENGERS go I´m relieved that MIGHTY AVENGERS has finally come to an end. From the initial six issue story by Frank Cho the comic has gone always downhill, artwise and storywise being really painful in the end. This whole Scientist Supreme nonsense was really embarassing and besides a few good moments like Caveman U.S.Agent still afraid of communists there was not much in it.

While I´m not so sure if I´m going to follow AVENGERS ACADEMY which will be the new AVENGERS INITIATIVE ( I´m a bit reluctant with all this new series starting at 3.99 ) I already got the first issue of SECRET AVENGERS. Despite all my protests. I also didn´t want to get DARK AVENGERS or at least I thought I could quit after issue 6. Well, the story was so good that I stayed with the series till the end. I´m not sure if the same will be true with SECRET AVENGERS as I haven´t read the first issue - yet - but at least with the art by Mike Deodato Jr you can be sure that it will look terrific.

Let´s hope the Avengers franchise is going strong now with big guns like John Romita Jr, Mike Deodato Jr and Alan Davis - who hopefully will finally get the superstar status he deserves for twenty years - on board.


The only weird thing is that Bucky is now Captain America, Captain America is apparently Nick Fury and is using U.S.Agents old name " Superpatriot ".....and where is Nick Fury ? I hope taking a vacation with the Contessa.

Anyway, here are some more infos to the new series :

The Young Avengers franchise finally continues in Avengers : the children´s crusade by Alan Heinberg and Jim Cheung

  • article about Avengers Academy ( with spoilers )

  • preview avengers academy 1

  • preview avengers 1

  • preview avengers 2

  • preview avengers 2 - now with text
  • NEW !
  • preview avengers prime 1

  • preview secret avengers 1

  • preview secret avengers 2


  • I AM NOT A HULK

    Least of all a Red Hulk. I mean really, is anybody still reading Hulk ? Okay, I mean reading and enjoying it. The whole Intelligencia story seem to have offended more readers than anything else and I have to say : mea culpa. I´m one of those who´s bitching but still buying it.


    I have mentioned before that it depends on Paul Pelletier and Ed McGuiness still bringing their magic to the book. And I have to say that while you may take issue with the storyline or the revelation who is thr Red Hulk / Red She Hulk the art has been pure joy especially the hulked out superheroes. Now my guess was not true - so far Glenn Talbot is not the Hulk of any colour - but I knew he would appear. But I also have to point out that the true identity of the Red Hulk was on my suspect list.

    Anyway, as the story of the Red Hulk seems to come to an end here are some infos :

  • Co - creator Ed McGuiness on the Red Hulk story


  • And the name of INCREDIBLE HULK will be changed to INCREDIBLE HULKS as both Hulks are going to star in the book. I´d say the chances of me picking up the book depend highly on whether Paul Pelletier is on board. Aside from that the whole Hulk universe has just become to complex for me, especially the Skaar part.

  • Hulks team up in Incredible Hulks


  • I AM MOST DEFINITELY A FANTASTIC FOUR


    It seems that I can still continue reading Fantastic Four comics because while regular artist Dale Eaglesham is doing the new SUPERPATRIOT series none other than Steve Epting is doing a six - issue story. Normally I´m not so keen on artists changing projects so fast but after his wonderful art on the just finished MARVELS PROJECT and his stellar run on CAPTAIN AMERICA Steve has a bit of leeway.

  • Steve Epting new artist on Fantastic Four


  • The allways favorite top ten list links

    Here´s the usual assortment of odd things and comic lists :

  • periodic table of superpowers


  • top ten george perez comic book runs


  • 12 coolest personifications of death


  • ten things comics do better than other storytelling media


  • the ever growing list of greatest stories ever told


  • invincible vol 12 still standing 20 page preview


  • And that´s all for today, as I initially just wanted to post a quick notice that I won´t be posting today. Aww, man, I really got to wrap this up now.


    New to the blog ? Everything you need to know about TALES FROM THE KRYPTONIAN :

  • top ten posts


  • more posts of interest


  • No comments: